Before adding new artwork to your website, you will need to prepare the following information:
- Image of the artwork scaled to a width of 624 pixels
- Details about the artwork
Series: 3D Series
Painting Name: Old Gnarly
Painting size:16″x 20″
Painting Media:Acrylic and Modeling Paste
Date of Painting:07/2012
Prints & NC Price:$50.00 Full size print, $25.00, half size print and $16.00 for Note cards
After you have gathered the information about your artwork, complete the following steps in your website administrative area:
For more information about logging into your administrative area, contact Skyview Development.
- In the left menu bar of the administrative area, go to Posts > Add New
- In the top text box, enter the title of the artwork
TIP: Keep the title short and do not include symbols such as “+” so that it appears as expected on various pages of the website.
- In the large, centered text box, enter the details about the artwork
- In the right column, scroll down to the Featured Image section and click Set featured image
The Set Featured Image dialog box opens
- Click on the Upload Files tab
- To upload an image, drag and drop an image to the window, or click on the Select Files button to select a file on your computer
- The Media Library tab opens and your new image is selected
- In the ATTACHMENT DETAILS section on the right, make sure that the Title and Alt Text fields are set to the name of your artwork
- Click the Set featured image button
The Set Featured Image dialog box closes
- In the right column, scroll up to the Categories section and select the check box next to the appropriate category
NOTE: For more information about creating a new category for your artwork, go to Add a New Artwork Category.
- If you want the new artwork to appear in the featured slider on the homepage, complete the following optional tasks:
- In the Categories section, select the check box next to the Featured category
- In the Excerpt section, enter a short description of the featured artwork to entice your fans to view the artwork page
Haunting, yet serene, “Morning Mountain Mist” is a picturesque painting of the moment when the sun peeks over the mountain tops and the glow of a new day begins.
If you do not include an excerpt, the information from the text box will be used, and line breaks will be ignored
- In the right column, scroll up to the Publish section and click Publish
- Optionally, you can use the following publishing settings:
- Save Draft – You can save your post as a draft for later editing so that only you can view the page
- Preview – You can preview your page before you publish it so that you can view and correct any errors
- Visibility – You can protect your artwork so that only users with the password can view it
- Publish date – You can set a page to be published in the past or in the future
TIP: Artwork on the homepage appears in the reverse order that the artwork was published. You can use the Publish date field to edit this order.
To edit an existing artwork, go to Posts > All Posts and locate the artwork that you want to edit. Follow the steps above to edit the field(s) that you wish to change.