The footer in your website contains information such as your Copyright, business name with a link to your email, and legal information. You are required to keep design, theme, and/or photography credits as a condition of using these items in your website. For example, as part of your contract, as long as you are using the website designed by Skyview Development, you must keep the text and link below in your footer:
Website by Skyview Development
To edit your business information in the footer, you will need to edit the code of your website by completing the following steps:
- In the left menu bar of your administrative area, go to Appearance > Editor
The Edit Themes page opens.
- Make sure that the correct theme is selected by using the Select theme to edit: drop-down box on the upper-right area of the page.
To learn the name of your theme, go to Appearance > Themes and note the name of the active theme
- In the Templates section, click Footer (footer.php)
The PHP page opens in the text editing window.
- Carefully change only the text relating to your business and click Update File
- Go to your webpage and verify that your changes have been applied
- If you have a separate theme installed for the mobile version of your website, repeat step 2 through step 5 for your base mobile theme